A lot has changed in Azure over the past year. In fact the Microsoft Service Update Page lists over 100 new features, some small and some (like PaaS V2 and IaaS V2) major.
Although importance is matter of opinion; some of the new features that we discussed were:
- PaaS V2 (Azure Service Fabric)
- IaaS V2 (Resource Manager)
- Web Apps, including Web Jobs
- Logic Apps and API Apps
- The new Preview Portal
- The new GS-Series of Virtual Machines
- Premium (SSD) Storage
- SQL Database Premium including the new P11 1TB upper size limit.
- The Internet of Things (IOT) Suite and the Enterprise Mobility Suite
- Azure Site Recovery for VMware and Physical Servers
- SQL Database Transparent Data Encryption (TDE)
And more. Note that not in the deck because they just happened in the past few days were:
- Azure Active Directory B2B and B2C features
- Azure Active Directory Authentication support for Azure SQL Database
And the year is not over yet!
As well as the recently released B2B and B2C Azure Active Directory previews,