At the September 2013 meeting of the Nashville Windows Azure Users Group I gave a presentation on Windows Azure Web Sites, The other PaaS. I was fortunate to have the meeting recorded by my son, Steven Michael Zack who runs Ranger 7 Studios, a full service Digital film Studio located in Nashville,Tennessee.
If you could not make it to the meeting you can watch it here.
Windows Azure now has a second PaaS (Platform as a Service) option in addition to the Cloud Services PaaS features that have been available from the very beginning. This presentation will cover:
- Windows Azure Web Sites features for Compute, Database, and Networking
- Comparison to Cloud Services and when to use each type of PaaS
- ASP.NET Application Deployment Options using Visual Studio, FTP, GIT, WebDeploy and TFS
- Cloudbursting: Running applications on premise and/or in the Cloud
Building Hybrid architectures that mix Windows Azure Web Sites and Cloud Services
- Combining applications with other Windows Azure services such as Service Bus, SQL Database, and Cloud Storage.
If you are in the Nashville area come on down to one of our monthly meetings.